Participants will earn points for each completed course. These points can use points to buy access to additional courses. Participants must have 1 point to gain access to this course. To see how many points, you have earned log into your account. (points = CEU)
Core Competency: Planning a safe and healthy learning environment | Level: Beginning | Credit hour(s): 1 clock hour | CEU: 0.1
During this training participants will understand how to create a safe sleep environment for infants by understanding the risk factors of sleep-related deaths and how to prevent it.
- Define SIDS and SUIDS.
- Identify ways to reduce the risk for SIDS in a childcare setting and at home.
- List ways parents/guardians to cope with grief.
Criteria to Earn Credit
Be sure to read all course material and take notes as you go. There will be a final assessment at the end of this course, and a score of 70% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion and earn CEU. Participants can use their notes and will have two (2) attempts to pass the final assessment. There will be no extra attempts to retake the final assessment. Once you have started the final assessment, complete it without interruption. If you cannot pass the final assessment with a 70% or higher, we encourage you to consider taking another course that meets your requirements.
- Access to a Laptop or Desktop
- Internet connection. High speed broadband access (LAN, Cable or DSL) is highly recommended for the optimal learning experience.
- A graphical browser is required, such as, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- An E-mail account that is accessible.
- Writing paper and a pen or pencil.